Happy Best Friends Day – Celebrate With Your BFF
Best friends are basically soul mates. They will be there no matter what life throws our way, and will let us be our messy, complicated, sometimes hard-to-like-much-less-love selves.
Did you know having a best friend isn’t just about finding a person who gets you like no other?
It’s been proven that a best friend makes us healthier.
If you have a best friend, you are more likely to survive a serious illness and beat depression. In fact, studies show not having a close friendship can be as detrimental to your health as extra weight or smoking.
A best friend is a life saver, literally.
National Best Friends Day
June 8th is National Best Friends Day. It is believed to have sprung from International Friends Day, which was conceived in 1958 by a doctor while having dinner with friends in South America. Social networks have since ignited the official day to recognize that one person who knows you better than you know yourself.
How to Honor that Bond
The sky should be the limit when your BFF may save your life someday or be credited with helping you reach 101. You know she’ll be there taking selfies in the nursing home right alongside you. Here are ways to celebrate to that bond:
- Post and tag her in the most embarrassing picture of you two
- Plan a day watching your favorite movies
- Officially declare her your “person” a la Grey’s Anatomy
- Give her back all the clothes you have “borrowed”
- Road trip!
Gifts to Show Your BFF You Know What Matters
You know your best friend better than anyone. Here are some gift ideas to show her you care:
- Chocolate—Gourmet Chocolate of the Month Club delivers boutique artisan chocolates that are high-end and handcrafted, which your BFF deserves. You can get a 1lb. shipment for $34.95/month.
- Coffee—Coffee goes hand in hand with besties. The Craft Coffee monthly club can match coffee preferences based on a few questions so the perfect brew lands on her doorstep when you can’t. Shipments start at $19.99.
- Beer—Your BFF deserves beer for putting up with your drama sometimes. A shipment from the Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club can cost $27.95 to $70.95.
- Wine—Vino can be the glue that holds a friendship together. Wine of the Month Club offers vintage and rare bottles for $21.95 to $65.95/month. They have gift cards, too.
- Brownies—Score BFF brownies points with a delivery from Fairytale Brownies. They have samplers for $19.95 to $149.95. Plus, the company was founded by two childhood friends, so they totally get you and your BFF.
- Dinner—HelloFresh can deliver fresh, high quality dinner ingredients and recipes to your best friend’s door for under $10/meal. There are veggie, classic, and family boxes to choose from for this dinner at your doorstep service. Right now you can get $50 Off your first two boxes!
Did you know humans aren’t the only species who needs friends? It has been proven that chimpanzees, baboons, horses, hyenas, elephants, bats, and dolphins form friendships and social bonds just like we do.
National Best Friends Day only comes once a year. On our site, we review and compare gift basket companies, monthly clubs, and other companies that strive to provide quality products, goodies, and services for the people who matter the most to you. Take a look at our reviews and choose a trusted company to send the perfect gift to the one person you trust the most, your best friend.